These courses are for those new to Nordic Walking or who have done a little in the past and need a refresher. They consist of 2 sessions lasting 1.5 hours each. Following this there will be an opportunity to attend one of my regular weekly walks for free. The purpose of this last session is to put what you have learned into practice on an actual walk along with other more experienced Nordic Walkers.
What you will learn:
• how to warm up and cool down effectively
• basic technique – how to use the poles correctly to get the most out of Nordic Walking
• walking on the flat, uphill and downhill techniques
• double poling!
- kit – what you should wear (shoes/boots, base layer, mid-layer, shell, gloves etc
• Nordic poles – types, sizing, where to buy them
By the end of the 2 sessions you will be a competent Nordic Walker being able to use the basic technique correctly and you will receive a certificate to recognise your achievement.
Learn to Nordic Walk by attending one of these courses: link to Booking page