Become part of the fastest growing fitness activity. Come and try out this exciting, fun and healthy activity with a FREE TASTER SESSION.
I am now offering Nordic Walking classes at venues across Edinburgh.
I am a fully qualified Instructor through Nordic Walking UK, the leading authority on Nordic walking.
(CYQ accredited to Level 2)
What is Nordic Walking?
It is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking or rambling. The poles are not planted in front of the walker but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body to propel the walker along.
What are the benefits?
- Fantastic aerobic (cardiovascular) exercise
- Feels easier than walking without poles
- Marvellous weight loss activity – uses up to 46% more calories than normal walking
- 90% of working muscles used – upper as well as lower body
- Great for neck and shoulder tension and back strength
- Combines mental health benefits of exercise with those of being outdoors
- Can do it almost anywhere outdoors
- Sociable – chat to friends and make new friend
- Individual 1:1 and small groups catered for
Who can do Nordic Walking?
Anyone can!! It is an activity for all fitness levels, ages and health conditions – If you can walk you can ‘Nordic Walk’!
It is promoted and endorsed by many fitness instructors, personal trainers, health clubs, physiotherapists, doctors and health promoters because it is a highly effective way to get and stay healthy.
How much does it cost?
A block of 4 x 1 hour group techniques classes costs £36.00 – this includes hire of poles.
Following completion of the techniques classes on going group sessions are £7.50 per hour or block bookings paid in advance:-
5 classes = £30 (ie £6 per session) includes hire of poles
10 classes = £50 (ie £5 per session) includes hire of poles
Contact me for more information